My favorite hot appetizer to serve at any dinner party. It's a total hit. Cook time is around 35 minutes plus 10 minute prep.
- 1 Head of cauliflower - trimmed
- 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the cauliflower onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically into thin steaks approximately even in thickness (can half them to serve smaller portions). Arrange 'steaks' onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the steaks; season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn with a spatula, and continue to roast until soft in the middle and darkening around the edges, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts: 10 Servings
Calories 40, Fat 2, Carbs 4.5, Fiber 2, Protein 2